About the only thing we do for Valentines Day is we have a great Valentines Day breakfast, a tradition that we started in our family. JoAnn Walker gave me a recipe for IHops Coconut French Toast that is to die for. This is a must try for everyone. Even my die hard "I hate Coconut" people LOVED this entree.
I'm just posting the syrup recipe because that's the main thing that makes this French Toast so unforgettable and yes it is worth every calorie.
Coconut Syrup
7-8 Tablespoons Butter
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon coconut extract
Place butter, buttermilk and sugar in a pot. Then turn stove on medium heat and stir until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and boil one minute. Remove from heat and add soda and flavoring. It will bubble up; be sure to have a big enough pot to allow this. Just continue to stir and give it a few minutes for the fizz to reduce before serving. ( I doubled this recipe. Also this is a great sauce for bread pudding.)
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Valentines Breakfast
Posted by Linda at 11:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love new recipes and can't wait to try it. Looks like a wonderful breakfast!
Post a Comment