Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bucket list # 3, Learn a new skill

Well recently we've started raising chickens which we have thoroughly enjoyed . There is a down side to raising chickens and I wanted to know if I could handle that part.  My good friend Joann Walker was willing to teach me how to butcher a  couple of roosters and a couple of turkeys. It wasn't to bad and we really did have a good time because it was good company.


The kill cone relaxes the bird and keeps it from flapping. You just puncture the artery and they calmly fall asleep. No head chopping!

My accomplices Joann Walker and Pauline Tippetts



Wa La! Farm fresh.

4 comments:

nina said...

You crazy woman, you always make me laugh. Is it really called "the kill cone"?

nina said...

How is that background, yay or nay?

Emily Asay said...

wow.

Geraldine said...

I am amazed at how much fun you have doin the things on your bucket list. Way to go girl!